And suddenly, free birthing, unschooling, cloth diapering, breastfeeding, home gardening, mindfulness, as a family practice, don't seem that radical - at all. I for one give thanks. -Nikolai Pizarro
Raising Readers' Early Literacy System
First 100 orders will include (1) The Revolution Will Be Raised tote. All Literacy Bag orders include: (7) phonics instruction booklets, (1) pictures booklet, (1) illustrated nursery rhymes booklet, (1) reading words booklet, and (1) instructional video guide.
Liberation in time of Corona Pricing
10 Booklets & Online course
NEW WORDS x
A HOW TO CRASH COURSE
1. Teach letter sounds first.
2. Develop a childs ear through songs, rhyming, auditory, games, and clapping.
3. Cultivate a home culture rich in vocabulary that includes story telling, singing, nature exploring, and connecting emotionally.
4. Read books daily,
5. Encourage inquiry -- ask questions while reading and in your day to day interactions.
6. Use WRITING to teach reading. Encourage word building through sound knowledge but also drawing and make making .
7. The right time to read is when your child is READY to decode (by building steps 1-6) rather than read through sight and memorization.
Follow the child. Model literacy. Have fun.
RING THE ALARM
The Hope of Black and Brown Communities: A Zero to Five Parenting Guide for Low Income Black and Latino Caregivers
Science and history prove that when we change the way we treat babies, we can break prison and poverty cycles. Ring the Alarm presents well-documented data and arguments to this effect. This text is both a complete 0-5 (yrs) caregiver's guide for parents of color as well as a community call to action. It is a book for everyone who really cares about the state of black and Latino people and children in this country.